Monday, April 19, 2010

First Day of School

Although I'd prefer to keep Finley with me always, she started "school" today.  A British woman in our complex runs a preschool out of her home specifically for two-year olds, and we've heard nothing but great things about it.  There are two teachers and six kids in each class, and it seemed like a good way for Fin to have some fun and become a little more independent and a little less shy.  We're starting with just one day a week (it's about all I can handle), but will probably increase to two days at some point this summer.

Here she is on her way out the door, complete with the new backpack Dave picked up for her.

I was super nervous to drop her off, but it helped that her friend Mia also goes to school on Monday.  Fin cried for a second when I said bye, but Miss Jan picked her up and by the time the elevator doors closed she had already stopped fussing.  When I came back to pick her up, they said she did great, had fun, participated, etc.  Yay Fin! 

Here she is with her first ever school art project, a hot air balloon.  She's so proud of it that she asked if it could nap with her (I said no). 

Other than that, not much new.  We had a slow weekend, but here are a couple pics of Fin from the past couple days.

Off to the pool with Dave...

Playing with bubbles in the park (and yes, it was unusually chilly yesterday - upper 60's)

Just a little Sunday night Family Play-Doh Time

No comments:

Post a Comment