This weekend brought a much-needed break for me! Finley and I kicked off the weekend by meeting up with Dave's cousin for "happy hour" while Dave was stuck at work. Dan lives in Singapore and was in town for the weekend, so we were able to catch up over some coffee and Finley was spoiled by the art supplies and attention he gave her. Meanwhile, Dave took advantage of the fact that some of his new coworkers were getting drinks after work, so I was a nice, selfless wife and gave him the green light to go. I figured he might as well get it in now before we have two kids and are living a bit further from the office. I may not be quite as agreeable then...
Saturday we got a late start thanks to Fin's awesome sleeping, and for lack of any better ideas we headed back to the Zoological and Botanical Gardens. Fin wore herself out running around and we all enjoyed being outside, so it was a win-win.
While Fin napped, I ventured out ALONE (woohoo!) to get a manicure and walk around SoHo a bit. Then my fancy hubby was off to pick up his very first custom-made suit - made by "Sam", the same tailor to make suits for Bill Clinton, Prince Charles.....and Blondie! Apparently everyone in HK has their suits custom-made, so Dave couldn't be the only slob walking around town in an off-the-rack suit. Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be for him???
Yesterday we had brunch with our new friends Dave and Jessica, and their daughter Paige. They took us to the American Club, and it was wonderful. Their daughter was very sweet and patient with Finley, and both Dave and Jessica are so friendly and a lot of fun. They live in the building we're moving into, so we're looking forward to lots more fun times hanging out. After that we were able to see Dave's cousin once more before he headed home to Singapore.
And now it's Monday again, which means Dave is back to working 12-14 hour days. These are the times when I miss my "mom friends" and sister. The playdates and post-work pop-in by Aunt Julie break up the day when Dave is working long hours! It's raining out today, so it's gonna be a long one.....
No comments:
Post a Comment