Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Out and About

Finley is sleeping like a champ here in HK....probably because we spend every waking moment outside in order to keep ourselves from going stir crazy!  I've learned that whether I'm in the US or HK, I'm a creature of habit - as evidenced by our second trip back to Kowloon Park.  Here's Finley mesmerized by one of the fountains.   

And here are some of the gorgeous flowers and plants at Kowloon Park. 

And of course, we had to finish up the visit with another trip to the playground.  It was quiet for the first 20 minutes or so, and then all of a sudden some elementary school kids showed up for about 10 minutes of playtime.  The boy's uniforms had me cracking up, and Fin stood and people-watched the entire time they were playing. 

After Fin's nap, we headed out to a plaza about a block from our temp housing.  Right before we arrived in HK, it was the Chinese New Year and so these tigers are from the celebrations.  (It's the year of the tiger, duh.) 

This morning, I took Finley to the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens.  She took quite a liking to this statue of King George, and spent a few minutes saying, "Hi George, how are you doing today?" before moving on. 

And lastly, this is us checking out some monkeys.  The zoo was filled with a lots of expats, so we actually met a mom and son from NYC and swapped numbers.  Everyone we've encountered has been so friendly, and we're told that the apartment complex we're moving to has TONS of young kids.  We're definitely excited to start socializing. 

All in all, this move has been a lot easier than I thought it would be.  It probably helps that I'm talking to my parents, Julie or Jana nearly every day via Skype.  We're staying really busy, and we have been so lucky to have landed a great apartment and to be making friends already.  I think my biggest complaint is my frizzy hair...and while that's pretty serious in my book, I guess it means life is going pretty well.

Lastly, I have the song China Girl by David Bowie in my head at least a few times a day.  It's driving me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment