So this is what people do for fun in Hong Kong on a Friday night. Really. Or rather, this is just an example of the lengths Dave and I (a.k.a. Cow and Horse) will go to in order to make Finley laugh. I believe it was right after this performance that Dave and I decided to move forward with hiring a live-in helper. Clearly, we need to get a life.
Saturday, we did some furniture shopping in preparation for the move this weekend. Finley met a little girl named Kya and they immediately hopped in the sack together. And yes, that's a display bed. The good thing that came out of this is that Kya and her family are also new to Hong Kong - originally from Canada, by way of Shanghai. Dave and Ian (the dad) exchanged numbers and so we hope to set up a playdate soon. No shacking next time though!
Later in the day, Fin experienced her first walk on the famous (world's longest, I think) escalator in HK. She was in heaven.
And lastly, we got out of the house and headed to the ferry piers yesterday so Fin could watch the boats. Despite Hong Kong's pollution, we're relieved this was fog and not smog.
And now we continue the countdown until our move date. We're ecstatic that after this weekend, we'll be much more settled. Fin will be thrilled to have all of her toys, a playground, a pool and other kids to play with. I'm just excited to be getting away from the noise and the crowds of downtown, and happy that soon I won't have to carry Fin every single time we head out the front door.
Does this mean that Fin and I won't be soaking up the sun at the American Club this June?!
ReplyDeleteomg those masks are too funny. You guys need to get out! Emma was pretty jealous that Fin was sharing a bed with someone other than her.
ReplyDelete