Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Not So Interesting Week

I wish I could say that we've been so busy doing fun and exciting things this week that it's left me no time to update this...but that would be a total lie.  Monday brought cold temps (well, 50's) and rain, which introduced a new challenge in my world of entertaining Fin.  As you can see in the pic below (exhibit A), our living space is pretty tiny.  Keeping Fin happy and entertained here is pretty much impossible!  Seriously, it was bad.  I must have looked at the pics of our new place 734 times that day in order to reassure myself that things will get better soon! Time appeared to stop moving, so it came down to me spending a good chunk of time putting stickers on my nose and asking Finley where they were (exhibit B). Fortunately, she found this game hysterical.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

We finally got out of the shoebox and went to one of the million malls here in HK, which is accessible via a covered walkway.  Since there are no child labor laws here (or are there?), I made Fin hold the basket at the market.

As a reward for her hard work, I treated her to some Yo Mama (frozen yogurt), which she scarfed down by herself before finally offering me the last, melty bite.

Today we finally got to be the social butterflies we like to be.  We went down to my friend Jessica's flat (which is in the building we're moving to), and then the three of us headed out for shopping and lunch.  Afterwards, I took Finley to a waterfront playground in Ap Lei Chau before getting adventurous and taking the city bus home. I'm happy to say we found our way back and I'm quite proud of myself for not getting lost!

This weekend we're looking forward to hanging out with Dave and possibly doing some sightseeing/furniture shopping in Hong Kong and Macau in preparation for next weekend's move!

No comments:

Post a Comment