We're FINALLY out of corporate housing! We moved yesterday morning (Sat), and although we're completely exhausted it's nice to be settling into real life. All in all, the move went well with only one big loss....our couch. =( It didn't fit in the elevators or up the stairwell, so one of our movers is probably lounging on it as I write this. And as I write this, I'm looking down at Dave is who is stuck "lounging" on the wood floor.
Today was a gorgeous day. After I got out of bed, I opened our curtains and was completely awed by the beautiful sea view (pics of that to come soon). Later in the morning, Dave, Fin and I took our building's shuttle bus to the village of Stanley (about 5 minutes away) and did some walking around and exploring.
Our building has great facilities - tennis, squash (whatever the heck that is) and basketball courts, a gym, indoor/outdoor pools, a restaurant, an indoor kid's playground and more. While Finley was napping, Dave was able to hit balls at the golf cage...and when she woke up we went down to the outdoor playgrounds. Within five minutes, we met three other families with two year olds and exchanged numbers. One of the moms is also pregnant with a boy and due just a month before me. Everyone was so friendly that I'm hopeful we'll have lots of playdates in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment