Friday, February 11, 2011

Eight Months

I'm a liar.  Nolan is actually 8 months and 8 days in this picture....classic second child treatment.  I was too busy/unmotivated to take his picture until today, when good old guilt got the best of me.  It amazes me how squirrely he is.  He sat still for all of ONE picture before crawling all over the couch and forcing me to give up on any hope of capturing the "perfect" photo.

And Finley at 8 months... Maybe it's not apparent in this picture, but they look so much alike in baby pics.

My little rascal proceeded to crumple up the sign, hijack the computer cord and briefly hide all the evidence as he gave me this sweet little smile.  Then it was back to raising hell on the couch.

What else can I say about Nolan?  I love every minute I spend with him....he's just so flipping happy.  And whereas I was a total control-freak with Fin, it's just so much more relaxed this time around.  (Before Dave calls me out on this statement, let me clarify:  I'm still a complete control freak in virtually all aspects of my life.  However, I'm a much more relaxed parent these days.) I guess that's the upside of being kid #2.  We just go with the flow.

Nolan may not be the brightest bulb (see photo below), but he's clearly a "bottle is half-full" kind of baby.  He only crawls backwards, so he managed to wedge himself in between the legs of one of Fin's chairs.  While most wee ones might freak out and start crying, Nolan just chilled out and laughed about it for a good five minutes until we decided it was time to set him free.

No comments:

Post a Comment