Our friends Rob and Vanya (they live right by us in HK) have a villa in Bali and were also in town, so Wednesday night they invited us over for a bbq. We ate some amazing clams, squid, prawns, ribs, chicken, spinach, potatoes and corn all prepared by a Balinese chef using local spices. It was a great meal, and then we met up with them at the Bali Safari and Marine Park on Thursday morning. They have a son who just turned 5, as well as a son who is Finley's age and one of her buddies.
Here's Finley and Adam.
The park was a ton of fun for the kids. Finley started the morning off with a pony ride, which she absolutely loved. As she finished, she said she wanted to ride a lion next.
Next on the list? Family picture with an orangutan. Both kids LOVED him. Forget a puppy, they want to adopt this little guy.
And the fun didn't end there. Fin and Dave went for a camel ride. Quite an exciting day!
Making our way through the animal kingdom, we stopped to feed the elephants some carrots.
And then we left the animal part of the park, and moved on to the rides. In spite of the lack of safety precautions (the guy would start up the ride and then go back to one of the other two rides he was simultaneously in charge of), no one got hurt and the kids loved the cars.
Dave and Vanya got pretty crazy on the carousel.
And then I proved that I still have a little fun left in me, and got peer-pressured into going on the Go Go Bouncer with Vanya. This ride may not look it, but it was scarier than the scariest roller coaster I've ever been on. I thought I might fly out of my seat while it was going on, and fifteen minutes after it was over I still thought there was a chance I'd throw up.
No comments:
Post a Comment