On Monday, we got a little nervous that it might rain so we booked a driver and visited Ubud (pronounced Uh-bood), a little village up the hill in Bali. It turned out to be a beautiful day, and Ubud was so interesting that we're glad we made the trip.
The first place our driver took us to was to some rice fields. I really had no idea what they looked like, so I guess it's good we checked them out.
Overlooking the fields is an Indonesian restaurant, so we stopped for some satays and Mie Goreng (Thank goodness for our time in HK and exposure to lots of different kinds of Asian cuisine. We'd actually had most things on the menu). The satays were brought over still cooking. Yum.
These lovely ladies (along with about 2 more girls and 5 guys not pictured) took Nolan from me as we were approaching our table and didn't give him back until after I was done eating. And even then, I had to ask for him back so I could feed him. And then they asked if they could feed him, but I said no thanks. They honestly just love babies. They tried to take Finley too, but she was having none of it.
After lunch, we checked out the market. It was a little seedier than the one by us in Hong Kong, but we picked up a couple litle pictures for the kids and a souvenir for Carmelita.
And finally, we stopped at Monkey Forest. There were monkeys in large numbers, roaming free, acting a little too friendly for my liking. So we didn't even make it into the forest. We got up close and personal at the entrance, and then made a beeline for the car before we got monkey pox.
If Dave and I were monkeys, we'd be these guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment