Today marked my first (kind of) solo day as a mom of two. My mom left this morning to go back to Chicago...it was great having her here. I feel guilty that she saw so little of Hong Kong after coming all this way, but it was really nice to have her around to help and be in town for Nolan's birth. It was a huge relief to know that Finley was in such good hands while I was in the hospital....and of course I just liked having her to hang out with me.
To add insult to injury, Dave went back to work today. =( Luckily, Finley had preschool this morning so I was able to relax a bit. And it's nice to have Carmelita around as well - she was able to do the grocery shopping for me this morning, and I may have her take Fin to the plaground this afternoon if I need a break (since it looks like Fin isn't going to nap today - boo).
Anyway, here are some pics I just took....
Nolan....though he sure looks like Finley to me.
Alert in his bouncy seat
Of course Finley insisted on having her picture taken when she saw I was snapping shots of Nolan.
Here's Finley holding Nolan for the first time. Before today, she didn't want to....but today she said yes when I offered and then didn't want to let him go.
She was so gentle with him and just sat there for a good 10-15 minutes giving him "gentle touches" (her words) and singing him songs. I may have teared up watching them.
No comments:
Post a Comment