Monday, July 19, 2010

Hiking

Dave's parents arrived last Thursday, so we've been trying to get out a bit and show them around HK.  So far they've seen Stanley, Central and Kowloon.  Yesterday morning, Dave and Tom went for a hike in our 'hood.  After climbing 1,000 steps (seriously folks, that's no exaggeration) they reached the trail and began one of the most strenuous hikes either one of them has ever been on.  As you can see below, the climb was worth it when they were rewarded with some gorgeous views.

Stanley

More Stanley

There's our building (the one on the left).  Seriously, isn't Hong Kong beautiful?

And now for more beautiful sights....sweet little Nolan.  I love how newborns sleep, it's too cute!  And yes, Nolan is every bit as big as he looks.  At one month he was 11.5 pounds.  Now that he's over 6 weeks old, I'm guessing he's tipping the scales at somewhere around 13 pounds.  As Finley would say, "holy cow!!!".

Sleeping peacefully, as usual.

Oh, and it's not a post without a pic of my girl.  However, this was the only shot I had of her on my camera.  I promise, I'm not playing favorites...it's just that Fin is rarely in one place long enough to photograph!  Nana and Papa have seen that Finley is not the shy girl she appears to be on Skype.  She's constantly on the move, asking questions, talking and singing songs!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Hong Kong is beautiful! Though I enjoy the pictures of the people much better inside the AC...the ones with the sweat mottled curly hair seriously make me feel sticky, from thousands of miles away. Enjoy your visit with your in-laws!

    ReplyDelete