Monday, January 30, 2012

Making the Most....

It's really hard to believe that we're leaving Hong Kong in THREE weeks.  We're making the most of each moment and had a great weekend with friends.  Saturday I started the morning with a ten-mile run with my gal pals Susan and Helen, Dave enjoyed a hike with some of his friends, and then we met up with our friends Susan, Scott, Helen, Huw, Mick and all the kids for a campfire bbq at the American Club.  The kids had a blast eating hot dogs, hot cocoas, s'mores, they loved roasting marshmallows and there was even a campfire sing-along. 

The kiddos....Elizabeth and Ellie, Nolan and Finley, Isabella, Megan and (partially-hidden) Austin.


PLEASE let these two get married someday!!! 


 Finley and her pal Megan. 

Then we rushed home, put the kids to bed and headed uptown for dinner with Scott, Susan, Hels and Huw....because hey, we all like each other a lot.  Lots of wine, lots of food and some fantastic desserts were had before the wives went home and the husbands stayed out for "one more drink".

Huw the Hottie gnawing on a steakbone 

 In spite of a late Saturday night, we made it to Ocean Park for the 9am park opening.  The kids loved the new aquarium.

And then we moved on to "Whisker's Harbor", the kiddie area of the park. 

We played some drums they had out as part of the Chinese New Year celebration. 

We rode the carousel. 

Fin was digging the ladybug ride. 

They were both obsessed with those cheesy mall-esque cars. 

And the highlight for me was a lion dance (traditional Chinese celebratory dance/performance).  Somehow, it was only the first one I'd ever seen, but loved the traditional beginning to the show.  (Though I could have done without the street-dancing component where they played J-Lo and Maroon 5.... )


All in all a great weekend.  We wrapped up Sunday with a visit to Victoria Park, had some dim sum for dinner, and are now set for a BIG weekend ahead.....Fin turns 4 and I run my second half marathon!


2 comments:

  1. I just had to say "Hi" and how much I've enjoyed reading your blog. My Mom is a friend of a friend who knows your Mom....if that makes any sense...Anyways. We lived in HK for 3 years, lived in the same apartment complex as you and I graduated from HKIS. Needless to say I've loved reading about your adventure there and seeing all the sites that I grew to love, and still long to see again. Thanks for sharing! And enjoy these last few weeks there! - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea! I remember talking to your mom before I moved here....Claire's friend, right?! She was such a help to me, and I found it so funny that we ended up living in the same building as you guys. Hope everything is going well with you!

    ReplyDelete