Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cousin Dinner

My cousin Sam and his wife Karleen came to visit us!!!!  They're here until Saturday, and we're enjoying their company so much.  They've been sight-seeing on their own during the days, and then we've met up at night for lots of fun "adventures".  Here's our Monday night in pictures. 

We started out by taking the Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour to Tsim Sha Tsui, where we got to show off our beautiful city.

Then we went out for dim sum at Din Tai Fung (menu below).  YUM. 

We had a ton of delicious dumplings.... 

And some not-so-tasty dishes.  (Turns out we shouldn't have skipped over the word PRESERVED before the sliced beef we ordered.)  Sam was the only one brave enough to try this one, and even though the rest of us didn't touch it, it resulted in a ton of hysterical laughter at our table. 

He's hot.  (And apparently, so are the dumplings.) 

Sam's wife and I went to grade school together (and she's awesome).  I'd be lying if I said I didn't always know they'd someday meet, marry and visit me in Hong Kong.

We walked off our dim sum at the Temple Street Night Market, where we learned that the Temple Street Night Market is overhyped.

So then we went to Lan Kwai Fong for some cocktails before calling it a night.  (Poor Dave is always stuck being the photog.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment