Friday, June 10, 2011

Note to Self

Poor Nolan has a cough (likely the result of allowing him to crawl all over two Thai airports and two planes followed by letting him feed himself snacks - I know, Dave and I should be locked up), and so nighttime has been rough for us the past couple nights.  Last night he we were up from 10pm - 1:30am together, which was no fun.  As I rocked him and pleaded with him to go to sleep, I thought about our day and how darn cute he is.  It [almost] made it ok.

This view is the best toy ever.  Nolan is mesmerized by the cars going by the winding roads below us, the boats on the sea and the kids playing in our pool. 

Honestly, it's by far the best toy in the house. 

I hope he is always this excited to see me. 

Or even this excited works too.  (On a side note, I think Dave owns this exact same outfit.  On another side note, I would love to turn our guest room into a playroom and get rid of all this CLUTTER!)

Steps!!!!  For a few weeks Nolan has been taking steps every day, but he's not a full-time walker just yet.  His record is 21 steps, and he knows to stand anytime we say "Up!!!".  We cheer for him every time he walks....which usually makes him so happy that he loses his balance and falls. 

If you hadn't guessed from the pics, Nolan and I had an afternoon together while Fin and Carmelita went to a playdate with Fin's friend Claudia and her family's helper.  I think the best thing about having Carm under our roof is the fact that even though I have two kids, I get plenty of one-on-one time with each of them.  And how could you NOT want plenty of alone time with this kid?

In case you wanted to see a shot of Fin, this is following Claudia and Archie's 4th birthday bash today...the party was complete with a magician who makes balloon animals AND someone who paints faces.  And yes, the Cinderella costume is worn every single day.  And yes, it was about a million degrees out but she still wanted to wear long-sleeves.  I choose my battles.  This wasn't one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment